Year of Young People
As part of the Scottish Government’s programme of themed years, 2018 is the Year of Young People (YoYP 2018). YoYP 2018 activities and events are focusing on six themes that young people identified as most important for them as young Scots:
- Participation – looking at how young people can influence public services and decisions which affect their lives.
- Education – creating a stronger role for young people in shaping their learning.
- Health and Wellbeing –supporting young people to lead healthier, active lives and have opportunities to learn about and improve their mental health and resilience.
- Equality and Discrimination – broadcasting the value of young Scots, challenging negative perceptions of young people, and supporting young people to take leading roles in challenging discrimination in all its forms.
- Enterprise and Regeneration – celebrating young people’s role in innovation, entrepreneurship and the Scottish economy as well as making Scotland a greener and more pleasant place to live.
- Culture –celebrating young people’s talent and contribution to Scottish culture and arts.
To find out more about YoYP2018, click here. To follow Year of Young People activities on social media, use the hashtag #YOYP2018.
If you'd like to find out about Scottish Youth Parliament events which are linked to the Year of Young People celebrations, click here.